Sunday, December 13, 2009

What it takes

This week I went to Austin to visit my friends Neil_Rick and j0hndayt0n who are 2 friends I lived with in Austin last year. These guys are pretty much awesome and I forgot how much I enjoy their company. We then went to Brain's Bfizz11 house in Dallas/Forth Worth for a couple of days. Our other friend Andrew was there for the first evening before leaving for Costa Rica to see the Spacegravy poker guys. I seriously never have as good as a time as I do with fellow poker players. The level of thinking and the discussions we have about poker or things in general is always great. One thing I realized was you can never get comfortable and you always need to strive for the top in anything. Brian moved into the house with the guys right after I left last year. In some way I look at his success in poker as what I could have attained this year had I worked as hard as he did. I'm fine with the way the year has gone but not being serious about my game is changing. If I really want to call myself a "professional" poker player then I need to act like one. So tomorrow I go back to Brian's house for the "bfizz bootcamp" and I'm pretty stoked about it. While I was there I spend one day watching him and picked up a few things. I still barley have any money in my account as I was doing the grind up for $100 bucks thing. The day after I won 2 180 mans and the next day another and final tabling several others. The few things I picked up were huge and I think picking the brains of the biggest winner at 180s this year will be killer. So I have reformatted the computer and databases for a nice fresh start. I plan on putting in a serious amount of work at the tables and away. I plan on playing 100 180 mans daily and saving every key hand that I have questions on and reviewing them with Bfizz daily. Since I know a decent amount of what he would teach most people who would hire him, the stuff I will get from him is priceless. All the tricks of his game that make him super profitable, I can already see the change in my game. You have to have the drive and ambition in anything you do, currently I'm super pumped about poker again. About to start playing hard for several hours before all the Sunday shows (Dexter,Curb,Califonication). Then I need to pack up my stuff for the brutal bootcamp I will endure : )

Happy Trails

No comments: