Thursday, March 4, 2010

Update has been coming for quite some time as lots has been going on. Blog will remain a mix of life and poker so I hope it remains entertaining for you, the reader.


LIFE
I'm in such a good place right now, I'm blessed. This weekend is John Mayer, 5th row! Just booked a trip with some friends to Coachella in a RV! Starting to look into going to Costa Rica and looking at booking the summer in Vegas for WSOP again. My workout routine is stagnant as I've plateaued and I hurt myself. I'm resting and redesigning it yet again. This next one is going to be a leaning, strength, MMA inspired type training. I'm as big as I would like to be now it's just all about strength, speed and lean. I also decided I'm staying here in Houston and I'm starting to look at places. I'm also working on a 100 things to do this year list which I will be posting soon. Poker is just the main focus right now, one of the goals is at least a $150k year.
I have to say that I'm very thankful to be in the spot I am. Everything I choose is in my grasp and I need only work hard to attain it.


POKER
I finally went to stay with bfizz11 last month and had a great time. When I arrived in Dallas/Fort Worth it snowed inches which for Texas, is amazing! Since we were snowed in we did nothing but focus on poker with a little mix of partying thrown in. Brian (Bfizz11) is currently #1 on the pokerstars tournament leader board. His protege, Kyle (I GRIND THIS) is also ranked #4 currently. Let's just say that being snowed in for days with these two will get you crushing tournament poker and a little hungover : )

I did my best to put in a lot of games a day, ask Brian questions, watch him play and review hands with him. Putting a lot more effort into the time away from the tables and reviewing my sessions has been huge for me. I left up a few hundred bucks from the trip, nothing special. My computer also got a virus and made it unusable so the last few days I focused on a few games and watching Brian play.

Since being back I have been having wonderful results. I got 6th in the 11 rebuy for just under 3k and have had decent results at sitngos as well. I lost my result from Bfizz11 house but since I started playing back in Houston I'm up just under 4k. Sharkscope seems to be missing some of my results in tournaments so I had to start using poker tracker and tournament updater which is very helpful. This is my graph after 9 days of playing since Bfizz bootcamp.


I'm proud of myself and the work I'm putting into my game. The goal is to have a minimum 10k month every month for the rest of the year. I just need to put in the hours and the results will happen.


Happy Trails

No comments: