Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wake me up when September begins...

After my birthday and during I had a very hard time and was not very happy. I was pretty sad and upset and acting like a total idiot at times. Basically just drinking, staying out late and just trying to drown my sorrows. I just didn't truly understand what life was showing me and how the choices I had made lead me here. I ran bad in Vegas and combined that with bad decision away from the tables. I took a shot with a decent chunk of change when I could have just grinded what I make money at online. I fell that I started the year with a drive and ambition and did a lot in January. My results in poker showed that and I feel I should have kept grinding and stayed on course. I moved somewhere to try and be with someone and we all know how that normally works out. What I can say is that the pull of the stars was coming to a point where there was going to be a change.Perhaps in a form of self preservation I decided to work on myself in various aspects which didn't include playing much poker. I started reading a bunch of great books I had been avoiding getting into. The insight and concepts had been a bit much at different times in life but I truly felt ready this time.One of the best thinks I learned was the concept of Saturn Returning which was what was happening in my life with my birthday. Things became a lot clearer after that and I'm very happy with the person I have become. It's a period in life which can make or break you and thankfully I made it through. Truly I'm not even the same person I was when I wrote the last entry or even a week ago. Growing into an adult is truly a wonderful thing, I just wish we didn't have to murder the ego. I also started the Velocity Diet again which I am currently ending week 4 of 6 and it's going well. I workout everyday doing 60 mins cardio and and weights 3 times weekly. Aside from reading and watching lectures, the gym is the main productive thing I'm doing. I'm in the best shape of my life and am amazed at what I've done to myself. I have semi lost focus on doing a lot of other things at the time because the workouts are really hard and I'm really tired lately. I push myself really hard lately as every week I try and up the weight, cut rest time, get better etc. I also have been playing a lot more poker as of late and having good results. Figured out where the best spots are to grind out some solid income. Trying to play a bunch of games without the guys around like before is hard. It's different when you have a house full of grinders pushing each other to play.I'm working on myself and other ventures though and when the those things are settled I will put in some serious volume. Been playing about 50-100 games daily and doing good but I need to put up some 5 digits results. Going to work hard, eat clean, work out, love and breathe...
Also starting next week lots of good concerts leading up to ACL and ATX in the Fall!!
Happy Trails!

No comments: