Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Fresh Start

2009 has been the best year of my life so far and it almost didn't happen. This year for me has been about listening to your feelings, heart and the truth. It's not easy and it almost went a totally different way. Thankfully belief is an amazing thing, thanks little buddy (you know who you are) : ). Enough with all the touchey feely shit this is a poker blog!! So far this has been my best month ever at poker. To start the year I moved to North Carolina which is amazing. Nice, chill, sleepy and relaxing mountain town with clean air and good people. I had no computer up there yet so I went grind some crazy live games. I don't want to give out the location because they are so freaking soft! They spread a 2-5 and 5-10 NLO....That's right.... Guys call 800 preflop shoves of AAxx with AKJ9 rainbow..Obv he just sees AK and thinks it's the nuts. Also the reason for No Limit Omaha, the dealers can't deal a pot game! Needless to say the location is secret and ship the mobnies imo. Then after that I headed back to Houston to get my stuff and get back to NC. I stopped in Biloxi while the WPT was in town. While playing 2-5NL I kept hearing everyone talk about upstairs. I ask and was told that was where they were spreading big cash games.I quite my 2-5 table buzzed and tired from the drive deciding to walk by for a look and go to sleep. So imagine my surprise when I decide to sit 10-25 with 2.5k while the table is 60-80k deep. There is no max buy in Biloxi and 100's play on the table. So my seat is between 2 guys who cover with about 20k each. I play AQs and ATo and quit after 2 orbits as I'm scared drunk money. Between those two stops I was up just under 3k before returning to Houston. Since here it has been nice to see friend's and get toasty. Props to my friends in American Fangs, you must get the CD imo. I will post a link for there video which you should for sure watch. I took down the MTT listening to there new hotness. It has not been nice to get super fucking sick and delay my return to the mountains. Seems like everyone in Texas is sick and it only makes me want to leave ASAP. Thankfully life worked out and I took down the 40k on Stars for 7.8k. The money is nice as it was my biggest cash yet but that's not why I'm so happy. I'm happy because my friend's helped and railed me. So many times I have railed my friends and watched them win sick scores. I have like all of us been so close so many times only to get fucked in a huge flip or lose a 80%>20% or something. I finally ran and played well and earned the respect of my peers. That for me is just as special as the score as I learned my MTT game from them. Props to J0hndayt0n,Spacegravy, Z32Fanatic,Wickss, Facestealer, Neil_Rick, Bigjoe2003 and Juntmonkey. So without any serious play I shipped just under 11k for the month. I will still play the MTT Sngs on Stars as they are my bread and butter. Though I think I might go for SNE this year 24 tablin cash during the week. This year for me is also about getting into shape mentally and physically. My plan is to work out 3-4 times a week, do yoga and learn Capoeira. That's all for now time for some lunch and the Sunday's. Best of luck in the year at the tables!!

No comments: